Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sweet!

That one word sums up the last two weeks for my life in general.  I put all the house business on hold and went to Utah to be a with my soon to be married daughter, Michelle.  I arrived on a Saturday night and for the next 6 days we were busy every day, all day and I loved every minute of it.

I don't have any of the "official" wedding photos yet--this is one Jim took on his i-phone!
There wasn't one thing about the whole week that I would change, other than maybe the day we were so busy that we didn't eat anything until 5 pm...  I am so grateful for the time that I had to spend with Michelle!  We love her husband, Miles, and are so glad he is a part of our family.  



The wedding was last Friday and we made our way home on Saturday, finally arriving at about 10 pm.  I was up at 3:30 am... mind going a million miles an hour... I guess stress is stress whether it is good or bad!  I was anticipating seeing the work that was done on the house while I was gone.  And so my trip out there the next day proved to be pretty sweet, too.  This first set of pictures was actually taken before I left--showing the insulation going in.

Insulation!  Foam insulation sprayed in all the outside walls and in some of the inside walls where we want it to be extra quiet.

The dome ceiling--close up

This is the foam after it is sprayed in and dried.  They will come along and shave off the excess so they can put up the drywall.

Master bathtub

Spraying the ceiling in the great room

I don't really know how it works, but I think the spray comes in the big drums and they use a pump inside the truck to power their sprayers inside the house.


The view from "the spot"

Dome ceiling view from first floor

back stairwell with drywall up

Rob's room:  drywall complete.  That happens to be Jim hiding out in Robert's wall... we will have a built-in dresser there eventually.

This was our unfinished attic space.  Builders have a way of talking you into doing things that you hadn't planned on.

They finally started putting the metal roof on the curved areas.  

Stone going up.  It looks a lot more gold in this picture than it really is.

This picture is taken looking down onto the stone going up.  I was surprised that the stone doesn't actually go right onto the wall.  You can see here the metal anchor that goes into the mortar and the stone wall is a few inches off the wall board.
(Take note of my wedding pedicure at bottom of picture.)

These are the beams that will frame Jim's office door on the outside.  They are massive.

Here is the gas line running to the house.
front porch is almost complete

another view of the front
"Tongue and groove" ceiling on back porch.

Well, that's enough boring house pictures.  If you really want to read something fun and interesting, see Michelle and Miles' honeymoon blog.  It is super sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment